Janet Turpin Myers is a Canadian novelist and poet. Her début novel, Nightswimming, published by Seraphim Editions, was released 2013. Her second novel, The Last Year of Confusion, was released in 2015 (Seraphim Editions)
The Last Year of Confusion was short-listed for the 2016 Hamilton Literary Awards, Fiction prize. Turpin Myers’ debut novel, Nightswimming, was also short-listed for this same award in 2014.
A misunderstood squad of historian/mystics risk everything to refugee seven survivors from a dying Earth to an utopian world of UnPredators: a place where there is no killing of any kind. Can these ex-pats from Earth learn to coexist without violence, or does 'human nature' doom them to destroy their second chance at paradise?
Book club visits:
- May 30, 2017. Books, Broads, Booze Bookclub. Ancaster.
- Oct. 17, 2016.Burlington Women’s Book Club, Burlington.
- Sept. 16, 2016.Carlisle Women’s Book Club, Carlisle.
- June 1, 2016.Kitchener Women’s Book Club, Kitchener
- July 30, 2015.Cedar Springs Community Club Summer Reads Book Group
- November 29, 2014.Halton Waldorf School Book Club.
- November 20, 2014.The Burlington Novelettes Book Group.
- July 31, 2014.Cedar Springs Community Club Summer Reads Book Group.
- June 17, 2014. Canadian Federation of University Women’s Modern Book Group. Hamilton.
- March 4, 2014.Burlington.
- February 27, 2014.Ladies of Hambly Book Club, Toronto.
- November 7, 2013. McMaster Alumni Book Club, Hamilton.