Janet Turpin Myers is a Canadian novelist and poet. Her début novel, Nightswimming, published by Seraphim Editions, was released 2013. Her second novel, The Last Year of Confusion, was released in 2015 (Seraphim Editions)
The Last Year of Confusion was short-listed for the 2016 Hamilton Literary Awards, Fiction prize. Turpin Myers’ debut novel, Nightswimming, was also short-listed for this same award in 2014.
NOVELS AVAILABLE NOW
IN PROGRESS, DONE, COMING SOON
Lily Moreau checked the power line that ran to the house. Icicles, like trickles of too-thin icing dribbling down the side of a cake, hung along the entire length of it forming a fringe of ice, causing the power line to sag in silver-white waves. There it is, Lily thought with a satisfied bitterness: the cause of my power outage.
A warning: this is not a coming-of-age story because I never came of age. My age was stolen from me by an ogre disguised as a poet. And let’s clear something up right off the bat. I am more than capable of mimicking the puffed up, French-laced, narcissistic prose style of Humbert Humbert.
As far as he could figure it, the bones and muscles of his dead-weight body were about to pouf away into some mind blowing, untouchable thought-matter and then, what was left of him, the boneless, bloodless, breathless, essence of Beckett, would zoom across the cosmos past radiating planets rotating in the blackness, wrapped like Christmas baubles in tissues of atmospheres.
Book club visits:
- May 17, 2021 Reid Book Club, Burlington
- May 27, 2019. The Loretto Bookclub, Toronto.
- May 30, 2017. Books, Broads, Booze Bookclub. Ancaster.
- Oct. 17, 2016.Burlington Women’s Book Club, Burlington.
- Sept. 16, 2016.Carlisle Women’s Book Club, Carlisle.
- June 1, 2016.Kitchener Women’s Book Club, Kitchener
- July 30, 2015.Cedar Springs Community Club Summer Reads Book Group
- November 29, 2014.Halton Waldorf School Book Club.
- November 20, 2014.The Burlington Novelettes Book Group.
- July 31, 2014.Cedar Springs Community Club Summer Reads Book Group.
- June 17, 2014. Canadian Federation of University Women’s Modern Book Group. Hamilton.
- March 4, 2014.Burlington.
- February 27, 2014.Ladies of Hambly Book Club, Toronto.
- November 7, 2013. McMaster Alumni Book Club, Hamilton.